The terminal is factory-shipped from the manufacter. The device needs to be configured (upload software, set parameters such as Wi-Fi, power management, user restrictions, etc.) to ensure that everything works even after a power failure from the main battery of the mobile unit.
An initial device setup usually include the following actions:
- Loading of appliation(s)
- Setup of mobile device settings like Wi-Fi, power management settings etc.
- Restrict user access to the operating system
When to use the services related to mobile terminals
- You have new mobile terminals or terminals returned from repair, and you need to deploy them quickly and efficiently.
- You need to make sure that your Zebra (Motorola) terminals do not lose settings when replacing the battery or when you perform a cold reboot.
- You need advice or training on your mobile devices.
- Custom mobile device setup - outsourcing of mobile device staging
- Creating configuration packages - simplifying of mobile device staging
- Mobile device consultancy and training