Extreme WiNG (formerly Zebra Technologies, Motorola Solutions and Symbol Technologies) wireless LANs represent a complete set of hardware components, services and management features to run a truly enterprise wireless network.
The main components of WiNG WLANs are Access Points and Wi-Fi controllers.Types of the Access Points are:
- Thin AP: Fewer own intelligence, cannot work without an Wi-Fi controller, and all wireless traffic is tunneled through the Wi-Fi controller. Examples include Zebra AP100, AP200, AP300, and AP650 (with WiNG 4 only).
- Dependent AP: Cannot work without Wi-Fi controller but the wireless traffic must not be tunneled through the Wi-Fi controller. Examples are AP621, AP622 and AP650 (with WiNG 5 only).
- Independent AP: They are able to work without an Wi-Fi controller. Wi-Fi controller can be used for their central management or extending of security.
Examples of Indepent APs:
Extreme Networks offers the following types of Wi-Fi controllers:
- RFS4000 - for smaller networks and the installation of the branches, can handle up to 6 Thin APs or 36 Independent/Dependent APs
- RFS6000 - for medium-sized Wi-Fi network can handle up to 48 Thin APs or 256 Independent/Dependent APs (discontinued)
- NX7500 - integrated LAN/WLAN solution supporting up to 1024 Wi-NG APs
- VX9000 - virtualized WiNG controller
Wi-Fi controllers can be connected together into clusters to manage and secure large Wi-Fi networks exceeding boundaries of countries.
What we offer
- Extreme (Zebra/Motorola/Symbol) WiNG product setup. The setup may include:
- Network communication setup (IP addresses, names)
- WLAN settings (SSID, encryption, authentication)
- Integrated services setup (RADIUS, hotspot, DHCP, etc.)
- Advanced security setup (Wireless IDS and IPS)
- Sale of discontinued/used Zebra/Motorola/Symbol WiNG devices such as WS5000, WS5100, WS2000, RFS4000 or RFS6000 Wi-Fi controllers, Dependent APs (AP100, AP300, AP621, AP622 and AP650) and Independent access points from Symbol, Motorola or Zebra, including AP-5131, AP-6521, AP-6532, AP-7131, AP-7522 and AP-7532.