SOTI introduced the MobiControl 13.2 release.
The main new feature is the SOTI surf - a secure mobile browser for iOS and Android devices based on the Chromium open-source web browser. The security features include the following:
- Users can browse confidential content on the company intranet without the need to set up VPNs
- Configure whitelist/blacklist to restrict web content by URL or content type
- Enforce data loss protection by toggling browser features; cut/copy/paste, screen capture, download and print
- Kiosk mode locks the device and the browser to specific intranet web sites
- Push approved bookmarks to the end-user based on role or region
The other improvements are related to the SOTI Hub - a secure mobile content management application looking to deploy corporate content to their mobile workforce. SOTI hub now brings Data Loss
Prevention features, many UI/UX enhancements, SharePoint integration, a new “Download Manager” and several “Search on Server” improvements. SOTI hub is available for Google Android and Apple iOS devices from the Google Play and Apple App Store.
The SOTI MobiControl 13.2 release includes a new Android for Work agent that supports Google Android 7.0 (Nougat). It streamlines device deployment and adds key features that previously were
only available for mobile devices through SOTI Android+, specifically, packages via profiles and remote control. SOTI MobiControl 13.2 also includes many more device feature controls to make it
easier for an IT admin to configure and control mobile devices.