Zebra Technologies released recently a new enterprise Android based touch computer - TC8000.
TC8000 main features:
- Standard (1 GB RAM / 4 GB Flash) and Premium (1 GB RAM / 8 GB Flash) models
- Processor Qualcomm 8060, 1.7 GHz
- WVGA 4“ capacitive display
- No physical keyboard
- Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Multiple 2.4 m drop to concrete resistance
- Powerfull 6700 mAh battery – withstands up to 3 shifts
- Android KitKat 4.4.3 with proprietary Zebra Mx extension
- Pre-installed and pre-licensed All Touch Terminal Emulation client (=Wavelink Velocity)
- WorkForce Connect PTT Express and SimulScan
- Integrated 1D or 2D bar code reader, 2D reader can be optionally standard or medium-range imager
- 2D reader models feature a proximity sensor for automated triggering
- Micro SD card slot
- Premium TC8000 models feature more memory, a gyroscope, digital compass, color camera, and NFC reader for fast and easy tap-to-pair connections to Bluetooth accessories such as printers and scanners.
The TC8000 Series is not intended as Symbol MC92N0 replacement. The TC8000 is positioned above the MC9XXX in the premium hand held product category and is sold alongside the MC9XXX. There are no plans to incorporate a Windows version of the TC8000 or Long Range Laser (Lorax). However, a new Long Range Imager version will become available in Q2, 2016.There also will be a condensation resistant variant available for the TC8000 at the end of Q1, 2016. Accessories include batteries, one, four and five slot cradles, USB cabel and wired headset cables. Multi-slot cradles with optional mounting accessories may be installed into 19“ IT racks or on a wall.
Zebra and Wavelink see the main potential of TC8000 on any enterprise applications of All-Touch terminal emulation (ATTE, Wavelink Velocity).
The top specification and robustness of the TC8000 corresponds with quite high price of the product.