SOTI launched MobiControl version 12 with new features and improvements.
New Features include the following:
- Device Configuration via Profiles
A Profile is a named collection of device configurations that represent a user persona or common configurations. Profiles provides the following enhancements to device configuration:
- Improves visibility of device compliance by providing a versioned installation status of a Profile across all targeted devices.
- Assign a profile to devices matching properties such as manufacturer, model, OS version, installed applications, etc.
- Assign a Profile to devices where the associated user is a member of one or more LDAP groups. Exclusion of members based on LDAP groups is also available.
- Schedule deployment and subsequent revocation of a Profile.
- Extended security model provides greater flexibility for administrative roles to manage specific Profiles.
- Optionally delegate the installation of a Profile to the device user through the “Profile Catalog”.
- Enhanced Device Enrollment
- Reduces the need for multiple Add Device Rules by mapping LDAP groups to Device Groups in a single rule.
- Provides a single enrollment URL for end users to initiate enrollment with on-screen step-by-step enrollment instructions for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone.
- Restricts enrollment to approved OS versions.
- MobiControl Stage
MobiControl Stage is a rapid provisioning solution that allows for immediate “out-of-the-box” device set up. MobiControl Stage supports rapid staging for Android and Windows Mobile/CE.
- Expedites the enrollment and initial provisioning by scanning barcodes to configure network connectivity and download the MobiControl device agent.
- Reduces bandwidth overhead by provisioning devices directly from a local HTTP or FTP server.
- Zebra Printer Integration
MobiControl 12 introduces support for managing Zebra Wi-Fi and Ethernet-connected printers including:
- Distribution of configurations such as network, printer labels, fonts, etc.
- Maintenance tasks such as firmware upgrades, executing test prints, and gathering logs etc.
- Configuration of alerts based on various printer attributes.
- Must download the SOTI Connector from Zebra and purchase the Zebra Professional Services
Here is the list of some other news related to the MobiControl v12:
- MobiControl Manager has been discontinued and is no longer supported or compatible with MobiControl 12.
- Anonymous authentication to the Web Console has been removed. Users will be prompted to provide a password for a default account with the username Administrator if console security was not enabled prior to upgrade.
- Support has been discontinued for Pocket PC and Smartphone 2002 devices with MIPS, SH3, SH4 and eVC3 processors.
- Removed the ability to disable SSL for Agent communication.
- Added option to delete devices from the Web Console when un-enrolled by the end user.
- Adds Android+ support for BQ, Kyocera and Sony
- The following device configuration features were added to Motorola/Zebra EMC devices via Device Feature Control payload:
- Certificate Installation
- Disable Hardware Keys
- Disable USB Mass Storage
- Disable USB Debugging
SOTI licenses are available as perpetual, end user hosted and SOTI hosted.