Motorola Solutions announced the launch of Touch Computer TC55 - ruggedized mobile phone with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. The device is ready for enterprise usage. It contains Motorola Extensions - a set of features that turn the standard consumer Android into a real enterprise grade operating system, with the security and manageability that enterprises require. In addition each new unit is covered by the Service From the Start for 2 years. It includes normal wear and tear, 3 days in-house repair turnaround and software upgrades. The TC55 is optionally available with linear imager for 1D barcode scanning. All configurations contain 8 mpx camera which enables 1D/2D barcode scanning, too. The TC55 utilizes advanced noise-cancelling technology, plus speaker that is four times the audio loudness of many of today’s most popular consumer smartphones, ensures that workers and their callers hear every word on every call - even in noisy business environments.
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- 4,3“ multi touch capacitive touch screen
- 1,5 GHz dual core processor
- 1 GB RAM, 8 GB Flash, user accessible slot for microSD cards (up to 32 GB, SDHC)
- Dual microphones dual front speakers, 3.5 mm headset connector
- Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC
- GPS (supports also Glonass)
- Operating temperature from -10° to 50 °C
- 1.2 m drop to plywood, 1.2 m to concrete with protective boot across the operating temperature range. IP67 protection.
- Weight 220 g
- Dimensions (with standard battery): 137 mm L x 69 mm W x 15.9 mm D
Each TC55 comes with a battery (standard or extended) and a rugged USB charging cable. Power adapter is not included. Other accessories include a vehicle cradle, protective boot incl. tethered stylus, spare styluses, 5-slot charging cradle and a holster.
Initial software release will not include Google Mobile Services (GMS: GMail, Google Maps stc.). Motorola plans on having a GMS variant approved and available by the end of Q1 2014. The upgrade will be covered by the service contract.
WWAN radio technology of the TC55 utilizes HSPA+. LTE is designed specifically for US market.