Motorola Solutions launches SB1 Smart Badge. The SB1 is a brand new category of mobile device that can be deployed to the entire mobile workforce, designed specifically to address the needs of the “un-served or disconnected worker” - those workers who do not have a mobile device, workers who do not have access to needed information at their fingertips. The Motorola SB1 smart badge is a wearable, cost-efficient, thin-client mobile device that can be deployed in enterprises such that all workers can be empowered with communications and collaboration solutions that drive cost savings, improved productivity and better customer service. With enterprise-class bar code scanning, push-to-talk and access to line-of-business applications, workers can answer customer questions right on the spot.
SB1 Key Features
- An affordable connected and wearable device that can be deployed to the entire mobile workforce inside the 4 walls (Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n)
- Innovative E Ink display delivers long battery life (greater than 14 hours in sample use profiles) between charging and great readability in all lighting conditions
- Omni-directional 1D and 2D barcode scanning. High performance bar code scanning enables first-time capture of bar codes.
- Push to Talk (PTT) voice communications with audio accessories
- Thin-client architecture and standard web technology (RhoElements based apps using HTML5)
- Enterprise-class accessories including a 10-unit rack-able charging cradle, and Push-to-Talk (PTT) headsets and speaker options.
- Badge mode can display employee badge info or promotion when not in use
- Wearable via neck lanyards, belt holsters, or arm-band
- Enterprise durability. With a military standard drop specification and environmental sealing, the SB1 is ready for all day enterprise use, providing durability and reliable operation.