Symbol MT2090 is a Motorola wireless device with 1D or 2D barcode scanner and a numeric keyboard. It contains both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi radios. It differs from classic mobile terminals especially in the following subjects:
- ergonomics: easy-to-use and intuitive design of MT2090 with low weight ensures good fitting into a hand and enables frequent barcode scanning with occasional entering of numeric data
- limited display size
- non-touch based display
MT2090 may work in the following modes:
- Handheld barcode scanner connected with a cable to a host
- Wireless barcode scanner utilizing Bluetooth or Wi-Fi radio
- Batch mobile terminal with a barcode reader which can store data into internal memory and transfer them over Bluetooth or cable into a host
- Wireless mobile terminal with a barcode reader which can work online like any other mobile devices from Motorola
MCL Client is pre-installed but not pre-licensed on this device. Also, applications from Wavelink Corporation including Wavelink Telnet Client and Wavelink Avalanche Enabler are available for MT2090.
End of sales of the MT2090 is scheduled on January 1st, 2019.